Environmental Export Financing: Good News for U.S. Exporters
EXIM's financing helps mitigate risk for U.S. environmental companies and also offers competitive financing terms to international buyers for the purchase of U.S.-made environmental goods and services.
Active portfolio that includes financing for U.S. exports of:
- Renewable energy equipment
- Energy efficiency technologies
- Wastewater treatment projects
- Air pollution technologies
- Waste management services
- Other various environmental goods and services
EXIM support for U.S. environmental companies ultimately fuels U.S. job creation and the innovative research and development that allows the U.S. environmental industry to remain at the forefront worldwide.
EXIM provides financing support through a wide range of products. These products include:
- Short-term working capital
- Export credit insurance
- Medium-term insurance
- Medium- to long-term loan guarantees
- Project and structured finance
- Long-term direct loans
These products allow EXIM to act as an intermediary between exporters, lenders and buyers, helping to mitigate the risks associated with exporting to certain markets.
- Certain renewable energy and water transactions are eligible for 18-year repayment terms.
- Environmental Exports Program enhanced financing makes international sales and projects more financially viable.
- All qualifying environmental export transactions, including renewable energy and water projects, are eligible for:
- Capitalized interest during construction.
- Automatic availability for up to 30% local cost financing.
- Established in 1994 to increase support for exports of environmentally beneficial goods and services.
- Grown from 10 transactions in FY '94, to a high of 68 in FY '07.
- Total portfolio exceeding $3 billion.
Director - Office of Renewable Energy & Environmental Exports
Export-Import Bank of the United States
811 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20571
Environmental and Social Project Information and Concerns: