Military Appreciation Month: International Business Opportunities for Veteran-Owned Businesses
Please join the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), the U.S. Commercial Service (USDOC), and the Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) for a one-hour session to explore how you can expand your international sales and tap into valuable tools for exporters.
This webinar will introduce Veteran-Owned Businesses to the resources available to support international business growth. Guest speakers will cover the key points of international business planning, including various resources available to current and potential exporters. The session will include a brief description of export finance solutions for short-term transactions such as EXIM Bank's Working Capital Loan Guarantee Program and Export Credit Insurance. Finally, we are pleased to feature a seasoned exporter with a private sector case study during the Q&A portion of the program.
- Brian Beams, Team Leader, VetsGoGlobal (U.S. Commercial Service, USDOC)
- Craig Carson, President and CEO, Jeco Plastic Products LLC (Plainfield, Indiana)
Participants will learn more about the following key topics:
- Export resources for the underserved business community, including veteran-owned businesses
- Resources provided by the U.S. Commercial Service and VetsGoGlobal
- Services offered by the VA OSDBU, including the Direct Access Program (DAP)
- International trade tools to compete globally
- Export finance solutions to mitigate risk and expand business opportunities
- EXIM Bank's support for minority-owned, women-owned, and veteran-owned businesses as well as business owners with disabilities.